On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 10:20 AM Kalle Sommer Nielsen <ka...@php.net> wrote:

> Nikita and I would like to open the discussion for the RFC:
> "Deprecations for 7.4", this RFC targets a larger set of various
> features targeting for deprecation in 7.4 with the intention of
> removal in PHP 8.0.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecations_php_7_4

It's still unclear what is being proposed for the register_argc_argv
ini directive. When the ini setting is removed, will the `$argv` and
`$argc` variables always be available on CLI SAPIs, and never be
available on non-CLI SAPIs?

If that's the case, I'd propose a deprecation notice in PHP 7.4 when
using `-d register_argc_argv=0` on the command line, and when accessing
the predefined `$argv` or `$argc` variables from non-CLI SAPIs.

Thanks,
Theodore