> I'd say this is not really a language concern and more tooling and testing
> problem. It's a class of a genuine mistake everybody does from time to time
> - be it wrong PHP tag, HTML tag or closing } added on the wrong line
> resulting in a logical error.

This is a direct consequence of the language having settings that cause the
same code to be interpreted (and works perfectly fine) in one environment
and be displayed in other (without any warning). This is not the same as a typo
in HTML tag or logical error in code. This is literally a tool for
shooting yourself in the foot - it exists, but no one should use it.

And it is still really easy to use it by accident. For example, this is what
PhpStorm generates when you try to inline-comment tag with short echo:

Regards,
Robert Korulczyk