On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 8:33 AM Olumide Samson <oludons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to those who can vote, all in all I hope for a better language where
> we can proudly post jobs(even intern) for on our company's website without
> been looked down on as inferior.
>
> If you're so embarrassed by the language, then why not use something else,
instead of trying to force such massive changes on the entire user base?

Also, if you really think this is going to change how non-PHP developers
view PHP, you're sorely mistaken. The few I've talked to about this, in
order to gauge how the languages they work in handle BC breaks, were
appalled that such a major breakage would be forced on users, even though
they personally don't like the fact that PHP supports uninitialized
variables.

Again, I implore everyone to stop trying and make everyone else like us.
Our language is awesome because of the fact that it is different and
flexible. That flexibility allows you to be strict if you want. If we just
want to turn PHP into another language that is like everything else out
there, then what's the point of even using PHP to begin with?

--
Chase Peeler
chasepee...@gmail.com