Most radio listening takes place in the car or while doing other things that
allow freedom for the ear, but not the eyes and hands.  Podcasts permit a shift
of listening time from a set appointment to virtually any convenient occasion.

Apart from the originating program’s web site, most programs are made available
through any number of other amalgamation sources such as iTunes and TuneIn.
Some of the best radio comes from the public networks of the UK, Australia,
Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and the U.S.  Admittedly, the subject matter here
is composed of what interests me.  However, my tastes are rather eclectic; so,
perhaps something here might interest you as well..

——

“Taming Nature”
THE FORUM - BBC World Service
Is the idea of a pristine landscape an illusion, given that over thousands of
years human activity has almost everywhere left its mark? Bridget Kendall asks
the gardener Gilly Drummond, the land artist Danae Stratou, the archaeobotanist
Dorian Fuller, and the historian William Beinart. (41")
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03ng3cf

“Bruce Shapiro’s Report from America; Panama Shell Games; Anarchy Rules"
LATE NIGHT LIVE - ABC Radio National
A big win for civil rights in the U.S. Supreme Court.  Will the release of the
Panama papers slow the growth of tax avoidance and money laundering?  Anarchism
is often misunderstood and misrepresented but it has endured as a political
movement. How has anarchism evolved over the years and is it still relevant to
our current understanding of politics internationally? (54”)
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/latenightlive/past-programs/?page=4
 (Scroll to 5 April 2016.)

——

Good listening!

John Figliozzi
Editor, "The Worldwide Listening Guide"
New 7th edition now available from Universal Radio, Amazon and W5YI.com