Ref: Berani sekali penegak hukum di Bangladesh menghukum mati  Ustadz Delwar 
Hossain Sayedee. Bila Bangladesh dibandingkan dengan penegak hukum rezim 
Neo-Mojopahit NKRI, bisa dipakai contoh  ustadz Jaffar Umar Talib, pemimpin 
Laskar Jihad Sunnah Wal Jamaah yang dikirim ke Sulawesi Tengah dan Maluku untuk 
membasmi kaum Nasrani dengan sponsor SBY dan komplotannya, si Jaffar enak-enak 
saja tak ada yang mau utik-utik masalahnya.  Sama halnya dengan para pelaku 
pembunuhan masal 1965/1965 dan pembunuhan-pembunuhan di Aceh semasa DOM atau 
juga di  Papua, masalah Tanjung Priok, masalah Mei 1998 dsbnya, semua masalah 
ini direstui oleh rezim neo-Mojopahit dengan alasan tidak ada bukti yang cukup 
untuk diproses hukum. Para pelaku perbuatan kriminal (crime against humanity) 
pun mendapat tempat terhormat dalam herarki kekuasaan rezim berkuasa.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2013/02/201322865638456746.html

      Bangladesh Jamaat leader sentenced to death  
     
      Delwar Hossain Sayedee of largest Islamic party convicted of atrocities 
during 1971 independence war.
      Last Modified: 28 Feb 2013 09:35  



Jamaat-e-Islami had called for a day-long countrywide strike in anticipation of 
the verdict [AFP]

A Bangladesh war crimes tribunal has sentenced a leader of the opposition 
Jamaat-e-Islami party to death, the third verdict by the court set up to 
investigate abuses during the country's 1971 war of independence from Pakistan.

Delwar Hossain Sayedee, 73, vice-president of the party, was found guilty of 
charges of mass killing, rape, arson, looting and religious persecution during 
the liberation war, lawyers and tribunal officials said on Thursday.

"The verdict has appropriately demonstrated justice. We are happy," state 
prosecutor Haider Ali told reporters.

Lawyers for the defendant boycotted the tribunal during the verdict.

Comments from Sayedee's lawyers were not immediately available, but he had 
previously denied the allegations and said the charges were politically 
motivated.

Jamaat-e-Islami, the country's largest Islamic party, has denounced the trial 
and had called for a day-long countrywide strike in anticipation of the verdict 
against Sayedee.

Earlier this month the War Tribunal sentenced Jamaat's assistant secretary 
general Abdul Quader Molla to life imprisonment, sparking deadly protests by 
Islamists that left 16 people dead.

The verdict also enraged secular protesters, tens of thousands of whom have 
since poured onto a central Dhaka intersection to reject the "lighter sentence" 
and demand the execution of Jamaat leaders.

Last month another Jamaat leader Maolana Abul Kalam Azad was sentenced to death 
in absentia. Seven other top leaders of Jamaat are on trial for their alleged 
role in the atrocities during the war.

Tight security

Security was tight in the Bangladeshi capital on Thursday, with about 10,000 
policemen on patrol. The government has also deployed border guards as 
reinforcement to prevent violence.

Schools and shops were shut and roads in Dhaka and inter-city motorways were 
empty.

The tribunal, a domestic body with no international oversight, has been tainted 
by controversies and allegations it is targeting only the opposition.

But the scale of recent secular protests show a large section of Bangladeshis 
support moves to punish those linked to atrocities during 1971.

Sheikh Hasina, the prime minister, set up the tribunal in 2010 to investigate 
abuses during the independence war that, according to the government, claimed 
about 3 million lives and during which thousands of women were raped.

The tribunal has been criticised by rights groups for failing to adhere to 
international standards of due process.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Kirim email ke