Ref: Apakah ini berarti tidak akan terima TKI/TKW dan  yang sekarang ada 
bekerja akan dipulang ke kampung halaman? Berapa ribu atau puluhan ribu jumlah 
mereka?

http://news.kuwaittimes.net/2013/03/19/kuwait-to-cut-expats-by-100000-annually-visit-to-work-transfers-to-end-april-1/
Kuwait to cut expats by 100,000 annually – Visit-to-work transfers to end April 
1 
KUWAIT: Minister of Social Affairs and Labor Thekra Al-Rasheedi yesterday said 
her ministry was processing necessary measures for reducing the number of 
foreign workers in Kuwait by 100,000 annually. “The strategy envisages bringing 
down the total number of expatriate workers to only one million in 10 years,” 
Rasheedi said in a statement to KUNA. “It’s part of the ministry’s efforts to 
regulate the labor market, curb the phenomenon of marginal labor and restore 
the demographic equilibrium of the country,” she explained, adding the transfer 
of all kinds of visit visas into work permits would be halted from April 1 
while those already approved would go ahead.

Rasheedi said that the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor has been linked 
online with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Kuwait Municipality and 
that the Kuwait Chamber of Commerce has been tasked to define the legal job 
descriptions of businessmen. Moreover, Rasheedi said that hiring workers would 
be restricted to local ones only without bringing any more from abroad. She 
also stressed that a special inspection team had been formed to make sure 
employers are fully committed to private sector labor regulations. – KUNA




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Kirim email ke