Ref: Biasa Nyonya Kiemas membuat pernyataan, tetapi anehnya kali ini lemas 
untuk mengangkat suara.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/04/22/tni-back-spotlight-pdi-p-attack.html

TNI back in the spotlight for PDI-P attack
Margareth S. Aritonang, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Headlines | Mon, April 22 
2013, 9:33 AM 
A- A A+ 
Paper Edition | Page: 1

Less than a month after Army commandos raided a prison and killed four 
detainees, attention is back on the Indonesian Military (TNI) after soldiers 
allegedly attacked the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle’s (PDI-P) 
headquarters in Lenteng Agung, South Jakarta.

Fifteen TNI members from the Army’s 13th Engineering Construction Battalion 
(Yon Zikon 13) were accused of attacking three security guards late on Saturday 
after they tried to stop an argument between the military personnel and a high 
school student who was involved in a motorbike crash with the soldiers.

The high school student sought refuge in the PDI-P headquarters following the 
crash.

One of the soldiers, who apparently objected to the guards intervening in the 
argument, called for backup at around 8:45 p.m. on Saturday.

Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Rikwanto said that based on testimony from 
several eyewitnesses, the soldiers broke into the PDI-P headquarters to search 
for the student. During the fight, the TNI soldiers, yelled “I am a Mobile 
Brigade member” while engaged in a fist fight.

Two of the security guards, Priyo and Marlan, sustained cuts and bruises while 
the third guard, Yatna, got a concussion after being hit with a bayonet.

PDI-P secretary-general Tjahjo Kumolo said that the soldiers fled the scene 
after learning that the personal guards of party chairperson Megawati 
Soekarnoputri were members of the military.

Megawati’s security officers then arrested two of the attacking soldiers. 

“We will file an official objection with the Army for what its members have 
done although it’s up to military internal affairs,” Tjahjo said.

PDI-P Lawmaker TB Hasanuddin, a retired TNI general who arrived at the location 
later in the evening, identified the assailants as Chief Pvt. Junaedi and 
Second Pvt. Rachmat.

Hasanuddin also said that commander of the battalion, Lt. Col. Hari Darniko, 
arrived on the scene at 10:30 p.m. and took the soldiers with him.

“We regret that these soldiers just barged into our office and took the law 
into their own hands,” Hasanuddin said.

Separately, Army spokesman Brig. Gen. Rukman Ahmad said that 10 soldiers were 
now under investigation by the Military Police.

“The PDI-P officials also handed over the two soldiers they earlier detained 
for further investigation to us,” Rukman said. 

Rukman denied the attack was planned and that the incident was personal in 
nature.

“Nonetheless, we are deeply disappointed for what they’ve done as military 
members are obliged to help people, not fight with them,” he said.

PDI-P executives have also urged the Army to discipline its members and to 
bring those responsible to justice.

Earlier in March, members of Kopassus allegedly brutally killed four detainees 
in Yogyakarta’s Cebongan Prison, following the murder of Kopassus commando 
First Sgt. Heru Santosa. 

The detainees that were shot dead in their cell during the Cebongan raid had 
been arrested for Heru’s murder by the Yogyakarta Police, which dropped its 
investigation after their deaths


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Kirim email ke