I don't think the probe actually emits negative voltage. I think the table
is an example with voltages relative to some offset that the next section
describes how to measure. Essentially, you're doing a 2-parameter
calibration.
If you're unsure, connect a voltmeter to the sensor before connecting it to
the IOIO.