On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 05:29:56PM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 05:03:04PM +0200, Joerg Roedel wrote:

> Good luck trying to get ASUS to fix anything in their BIOS :(.

Hmm...

> Can't we detect the SB IOAPIC some other way in this case?

I can certainly write a patch that works around your particular BIOS
bug. The problem is that such a fix will most certainly break other
systems.

Unfortunatly there is no reliable way to fixup the IO-APIC-ID->DEVID
mapping at runtime when the BIOS messed it up. The only thing I can do
is to check for potential problems and disable the intremap feature
then, so that the system will at least boot.

        Joerg