On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 06:04:00PM +0200, Joerg Roedel wrote:
> I can certainly write a patch that works around your particular BIOS
> bug. The problem is that such a fix will most certainly break other
> systems.
>
> Unfortunatly there is no reliable way to fixup the IO-APIC-ID->DEVID
> mapping at runtime when the BIOS messed it up. The only thing I can do
> is to check for potential problems and disable the intremap feature
> then, so that the system will at least boot.

Yeah, that could work:

* do not issue message but try to fixup the mapping
* if it works, fine
* if it doesn't, then give up and disable intremap.

And yes, I'm very sceptical about having a WARN_ON and it starts
screaming on machines all over the place. Good luck explaining to
people that you actually wanted to prod BIOS vendors to fix their
monkey-on-crack code but they weren't listening in the first place.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.