On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM, Terje Bergström <tbergst...@nvidia.com> wrote:
> On 30.10.2014 12:03, Alexandre Courbot wrote:
>> I had to change the .reg of TEGRA_SWGROUP_GPU to 0xaac to get the IOMMU
>> to work with GK20A. The reason is still not completely clear to me, but
>> if you look at the TRM you see that 0xaa8 is basically constant, with
>> the SMMU translation bit hardcoded to DISABLE (and the ASID field being
>> meaningless in that case). However right after that register you have a
>> functional one named GPUB instead of GPU, and this one is fully
>> writeable (and has the expected effect).
>
> GPU has two SW group IDs, because it accesses memory both with and
> without translation. The bit 34 in addresses in f.ex. PTE chooses
> between the two.

Indeed, to enable SMMU translation I have to program 0xaac correctly *and* set the bit 34 of every address that needs to go through the SMMU.

> GPU is hard-wired to disable translation. For GPUB translation can be
> enabled.

So should I understand that the GPU group is for addresses without bit 34 set (hence forcibly disabled) while GPUB is used when that bit is set? Or is it something else?