On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Arnd Bergmann <a...@arndb.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 04 December 2014 10:21:27 Will Deacon wrote:

>> > Does that mean the we don't get any of the patches for 3.19 despite the
>> > Acks?
>>
>> Hmm, I don't know how useful they are without the get/set ops and I don't
>> think I can get those ready for 3.19 given where we currently are.
>>
>> Grant's suggestion of adding an iommu_ops pointer to device_node would work
>> as a temporary hack, but anything more advanced is going to need proper
>> review.
>
> Right. I guess it doesn't hurt much if we put the new pointer inside
> #ifdef CONFIG_OF_IOMMU, then at least there is no significant size
> increase in most DT based platforms.

Yes, I can live with that hack on the proviso that it will be removed by v3.20

Oh, and please put an ugly /* */ comment block in the #ifdef
CONFIG_OF_IOMMU section that makes it really clear that it is an ugly
hack and will be removed in the next release. I don't want anyone
getting ideas that adding pointers to struct device_node is a good
idea.

g.