Jason Lunz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> This fails in situations where you want to dismiss the transients
> later.

100% correct. I'm not arguing the current behavior is perfect, but
that it's "usually good enough".

> I'd like it if the transient stayed on a per-workspace layer2 floatws,

Actually, it's more difficult to do than it seems (I didn't remember
the problem, but I've checked the doc): layer 2 objects are created
with attach_new, which is a method of WMPlex. Only WScreen and WFrame
inherit from WMPlex, so, AFAIK, it's not possible to attach a layer 2
object to a workspace.

Tuomo: 1) Did I miss something? 2) Does the ability to attach layer 2
objects to a workspace sound like a reasonable feature request?

The other option is to attach the layer 2 transcient to WFrames. It
can be interesting in some situation, but becomes quickly unuseable
when you split a WIonWS too much.

> set the activity flag, and otherwise wait until _I'm_ ready to go
> deal with it. I have to deal with a poorly-written app at work that
> likes to pop up transients all the time, with no way to turn them
> off.

A WFloatWS attached to the scratchpad can be the beginning of a
solution : Put the windows you want to keep for later in it and hide
the scratchpad.

-- 
Matthieu

Reply via email to