On 2009-03-02, Daniel Clemente <dcl441-b...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  My request is: instead of creating a link to it at install time, can ion
>  really have a look.lua file which refers (like in #include)
>  look_newviolet.lua?

The reason for symlinking is a marginal startup performance improvement :).

Actually, the styles menu does write dopath code in the session directory
look.lua, so maybe that should be done in the initial setup too.

> [Switching to Thread 0xb7d79a70 (LWP 13761)]
> 0x00000000 in ?? ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
> #1  0x0806e4a7 in grbrush_set_window_shape (brush=0x0, rough=1, n=0,
> rects=0x0) at gr.c:594

Probably fixed by adding if(frame->brush!=NULL) test in frame_clear_shape.

I can't currently properly push these patches in the repository, as
I have yet to set up cygwin properly. The default "cygwin" darcs is
100% broken -- it's not a real cygwin build, but a super-dirty hack
that simply uses cygwin to build a native program, as is the case
with ghc -- and does not properly work with cygwin.

(Yes, I got a "new" computer, and at the moment it seems that it really
is Goodbye Linux! Incidentally, the biggest troubles with the Windows
(XP) switch are again that FOSS -- Cygwin -- is crap, slow, and doesn't
even properly support multibyte encodings. Linux, well, it may be ready
for the desktop, but it isn't ready for the laptop by a long stretch.
But maybe I'll write something in the non-blog about it. Though I have
to remark that the Trackpoint simply rocks.)

--
In 1995, Linux was almost a bicycle; an alternative way of live to the
Windows petrol beasts that had to be taken to the dealer for service.