On 2009-08-08, Maximilian W. Zeller <maw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi again
>
> i am not quite familiar with lua but think it must be something like
> the following to extend winprop by the option position. I don't know
> how to make ion3 use this file. Is it enough to just put it in the
> ~/.ion3 folder? And as i said i don't know if this is how its done. I
> got these functions from the documentation but i am not sure if i used
> them right.

It won't work that easily. clientwin_do_manage_alt is a very
low-level hook, and it should go through all the trouble of
finding the workspaces to place the window on, and do all the
attaching of the window there, etc.

Also, as already mentioned, rqgeom is the correct function
for requesting a change in geometry, instead of the ones
that are meant to control an interactive session. *However*
in this case the requested geometry should be simply passed
to the appropriate 'attach' routine, as the window has not
yet been attached anywhere in this hook.

--
Stop Gnomes and other pests! Purchase Windows today!
  http://iki.fi/tuomov/b/archives/2009/07/21/T17_26_09/