Good time of day, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm proud to announce immediate availabi...
Sorry, too much PR-compliant buzzwords after recently finished SofTool expo 
:-)
Well, trswm 0.4.9 is ready to be downloaded and tested.
This is a preview (beta) release of an upcoming 0.5 . (So, this is a beta 
release of the beta release - does it means it is beta^2 ?) 
First, some known bugs and limitations:
1. I haven't fixed configure scripts yet, so if you were unable to compile 
0.4, you, probably, will not succeed with 0.4.9 . I know where's the trouble 
and how to fix it (in short, some distributions don't link libX11.so.6 to 
libX11.so, and -lX11 fails. Fix is trivial, but it still needs to be typed 
in).
2. backport to lua v4 isn't complete. I'm postponing it to 0.5.1
3. No new modules. I've planned to implement at least basic NETWM support,
 but it also has to wait until 0.5.1
4. No documentation, so lua scripts are still the only source of information 
(except asking me and looking into the code). Writing documentation is what 
I'm planning to start doing right after composing this message, and 0.5 will 
include at least some configuration and installation guides. 
5. I'm suspecting ClientArea mouse bindings in poor behaviour, but "innocent 
until proven guilty" :-)
6. trswm still crashes when you're trying to close dock frame. Will be fixed 
in 0.5.

Ok, now some words about new features:
1. Linked resize and move. Support for opaque as well as non-opaque 
operations. Geometry engine was largely reworked to speed things up and make 
them more correct.
2. Tagging of frames (with an ability to insert them into another workspace, 
of course). 
3. Rework of the theme module, to allow more flexible drawing approach, as 
well as slightly more eye-candyish features.
4. Overall cleanup and bugfixing. Major memory leaks are plugged. trswm now 
occupies less memory than xterm.
5. Root window and client area mouse bindings, so you can move frames around 
with Alt+Button1 drag and resize'em with Alt+Button3 drag. Mouse handling was 
also redesigned. 
6. Some ideas and absolutely awesome gimp frame and class defs from Markus 
Moebs.

Ok, enough :-) , grab
http://www.relex.ru/~yarick/trswm/trswm-0.4.9.tar.gz
and tell me what do you think about it.

-- 
With all the best, yarick at relex dot ru.

Reply via email to