On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 07:10:49PM +0100, Per Olofsson wrote:
Why have you removed my email address? And why are you listed as the sole
copyright owner while you state that the code is based on mine?

Fair questions: I didn't mean to cause offence! My reasoning:


Email address removal: I've listed only my email address because I'm the current maintainer of the software. I wanted people to respond with bug reports etc. to me, and not to bother you.

Copyright: I wasn't sure what the right legal way to do this was. The code I've written is, although initially based on yours, now significantly different. I also didn't know how to correctly assign copyright in derived works when using the LGPL-2: does the 'new' author assume all copyright or should the copyright be shared or should I include a phrase 'based on code copyright Pelle Olofsson'? I simply don't know what the right thing to do is.

Sorry if I caused any offence, I'll happily undo both. Let me know what the right thing to do is.

Cheers,

Tom

Reply via email to