On 18/10/16 16:07, Nivedita Singhvi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I realize that everybody is running pretty hard at getting 1.2.0 out,
> and I'm not sure how far that might be still (day to day?).
>
> I've tested the current git branches as well as the fixes for the
> gtest issue I've received in IRC and mailing list, and they work
> (so 1.2.0-rc4, 1.2-rel, 1.1.rel all at least build for me).
good !

> I have
> not yet (but will soon be) testing on R.Pi 3 as well.

I tested 1.2-rel on RPi 2 on yocto, will test also with tizen yocto
I can share a binary image if wanted too and will update recipe on
https://wiki.iotivity.org/yocto

> However, the current release, i.e. 1.1.1 tarball is what a lot of
> people are starting with of IoTivity, and it fails to build (the
> known gtest issue) and

gtest hotfix is 1.1-rel branch along ~10 other patches,
https://gerrit.iotivity.org/gerrit/#/c/11203/

I managed to setup some demos on 1.2-rel,
but I think it would make sense to also support 1.1-rel

> the download documentation keeps tripping up

May I suggest that a 1.2-rel page to be created on wiki
and tell about what should be know about this release
compared to 1.1-rel (which could be on wiki too) ?

--
mailto:philippe.coval at osg.samsung.com gpg:0x467094BC
https://blogs.s-osg.org/author/pcoval/