From: Mats Wichmann [mailto:m...@wichmann.us]
Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 12:54 PM
To: Nash, George <george.nash at intel.com>; LaBrecque, Margaret
<margaret.labrecque at intel.com>; iotivity-dev at lists.iotivity.org
Subject: Re: [dev] prelim list of areas where IoTivity needs new contributors

On 05/03/2017 01:17 PM, Nash, George wrote:
> Margaret,
>
> I split the documentation into two sections API documentation and Wiki
> documentation. I am prepared to be a mentor for API related documentation but
> I am not prepared to do the same for wiki related changes.
>
> If someone feels they would be willing to mentor with wiki related changes
> please feel free to volunteer.
>
> To clarify if you are volunteering to be a mentor.  You will help new or
> experienced developers/volunteers to get involved with IoTivity if they want
> to try and help in the area of interest. We can have multiple mentors for a
> single section. If you feel you know enough about using Doxygen you could add
> yourself as an additional Mentor for the Documentation API.

FWIW, Doxygen is by far the Easy Part of this task. For those who are going to
work on the API docs, understanding the API and its interaction with other APIs
is key (in the sense that good docs will have cross-references, deprecation
warnings will point to alternatives, etc.), as is figuring out what is really
part of public apis and what is just documented but internal apis, how all the
headers get included and thus interact with each other, and how to get changes
merged when the maintainers of the affected areas who have to act on your
gerrit requests are utterly slammed with things they see as much higher
priority (usually rightly so).   How you mentor the last part I'm not
sure <speak="from experience"> but without some movement on the patch flow
thing, it gets pretty frustrating pretty quickly </speak>