From: iotivity-dev-boun...@lists.iotivity.org
[mailto:iotivity-dev-boun...@lists.iotivity.org] On Behalf Of Wright, Ethan J
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 2:05 AM
To: iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org
Subject: [dev] Bridge Device (oic.d.bridge)

Hi all,

I'm reading through the documentation of OIC Device Specification v1.1.0 at the
moment, specifically the section about creating a bridging device:

"A Smart Home Bridge Device shall be indicated on the network with a Device
Type of “oic.d.bridge”. This provides to a client an explicit indication that
the discovered Device is performing a bridging function"

I'm currently creating an IoTivity server to bridge devices over a radio layer
(Zigbee etc.) as the current zigbee plugin doesn't do what I need it to.

I'm having trouble finding any specifications for how to represent oic.d.bridge
so it conforms to the specifications.

Is there any work done representing the handling for the functions required? (
specifically performing specific actions to the bridge such as enabling pairing
)

I've looked through the resource models on OneIota for any definitions on
bridge resources and come up short.

Thanks for the time,

Ethan
The contents of this e-mail message and
any attachments are intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message
or if this message has been addressed to you
in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message
and any attachments. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying,
or storage of this message or any attachment
is strictly prohibited.