From: iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org [mailto:iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org]
On Behalf Of Rami Alshafi
Sent: 11 May 2018 02:23
To: Nash, George <george.n...@intel.com>; Heldt-Sheller, Nathan
<nathan.heldt-shel...@intel.com>; iotivity-dev <iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org>
Subject: Re: [dev] Setting device to "ready for OTM state"

George,

That is very interesting! The way I have been doing it is by killing the server
app and recovering the cbor file manually. I just implemented this API and set
it up with the SIGQUIT so when I press Ctrl+/ it would call the OCResetSVRDB()
API and it seems to work! I have included the decoded cbor files that I
captured in the following testing.

1- converted the initial RFOTM json to cbor and it is brand new untouched then
converted it back to json (RFOTM_new.json)

2- launched the server application and then killed it right away and you can
see a new section was added which is the "resetpf" (RFOTM_init.json)

3- launched the server application again and then pressed Ctrl+/ to call the
OCResetSVRDB() and then killed the server app. (RFOTM_reset.json). Here there
is no difference but the API actually did the reset successfully even though
there is no difference at all when comparing with RFOTM_init.json as the
resetpf section is already identical to the rest of the SVR database.

4- Next I launched the server again and ran the "CT1.1.1 CoAP-Based Resource
Discover" test in CTT against the server and then killed the server and you can
see the CTT has onboarded the server app successfully (RFOTM_CTT.json). There
are 3 additional aces in the acl and the cred section is added and the doxm and
pstat sections have been updated accordingly to be in the RFNOP state along
with all the resource owners that used to be nil now set to the uuid of the CTT.

5- Next, I launched the server application and killed it right away and that
did not cause anything (RFOTM_post_CTT.json)

6- Finally, the most interesting part!!!, launched the server and pressed
Ctrl+/ to call the OCRestSVRDB() API and then killed the server and it was
reset to match RFOTM_init.json successfully. (RFOTM_post_CTT_reset.json).

I think I will finalize this implementation and push it to gerrit in my sample
application whenever the current commit is merged to master.

Thanks,

-Rami

From:
iotivity-dev-boun...@lists.iotivity.org<mailto:iotivity-dev-boun...@lists.iotivity.org>