On Thursday, 7 June 2018 05:00:56 PDT Ranganath. S wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      I am trying to compile Iotivity 1.3.1 on Windows 10 using Visual
> Studio 17. I have installed all the dependencies like Python 2, Scons
> and CMake. I am following the build instruction on
> https://wiki.iotivity.org/windows. I am ending  up with error saying
>
> /*                            'cl' is not recognized as an internal or
> external command, *//*operable program or batch file.*/
>
> /**/I tried executing vcvars.bat and vcvars140.bat, but still getting
> the same problem. Please advise on how to go about.

Looks like you're not executing them properly, somehow.

Find your "Visual Studio 2017 Command prompt" in the start menu and launch it.
Once it opens, type cl. If you still get the error above, your Visual Studio
2017 installation has a problem.

If that worked, then run IoTivity's scons from that prompt.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links:

View/Reply Online (#9673):
https://lists.iotivity.org/g/iotivity-dev/message/9673