On 11/29/18 12:01 PM, Gregg Reynolds wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2018, 4:45 PM Mats Wichmann <m...@wichmann.us wrote:
>

>> For developers to share builds using the scons sharing scheme, they have
>> to share a machine; who does that any more?  Well, I know it happens...
>>  but when your codevelopers are halfway around the world and their build
>> machines are behind corporate firewalls of different companies?
>

> Sorry to sound like a broken record, but:
>
>  https://docs.bazel.build/versions/master/remote-caching.html

not sure what a broken record sounds like in this modern context. What
it this record thing you speak of?  And how could it break?  :)

yeah, I know.  I've discussed with the scons team making the scons
treatment of this area better.  In IoTitivty, I've asked if we should do
something that takes advantage of the scons caching capabilities, which
are less impressive than those of Babel - noting that the Jenkins
usecase is probably the more interesting one, and the less supported one.