On Thu, Dec 27, 2018, 8:30 AM Oleksandr Grytsov <al1...@gmail.com wrote:

> .
> Shall this client populate any OCF resources (like oic.wk.p, oic.wk.d
> etc.)?

You might know this but to be clear, the OCF mandatory resources like these
are automatically created by the engine. For device and platform you can
set the values, but you don't create them.

It looks like, yes, because it should be discovered and
> provisioned in order to communicate with other devices in my network.

My understanding is that a client that needs to be onboarded must also
implement the server role, so it can respond to requests from the obt. Then
the engine will take care of on onboarding, I don't think you need to write
any application code to enable this, its OCF stuff.

Another question, how to make logical link between the client device
> and the server device? I mean, how to tell the client (switch) that it
> should communicate with this particular service (the lamp)?

I think it depends on how universal you want your button to be. If you want
it to control any device that comes onboard it will have to discover, then
ask for introspection data. Then (I think) it will have to be provisioned
in order to control the resources it has discovered. And they might have to
be provisioned too, in order to auth the button.

Otoh you can write the button code for a specific scenario, where it
already knows what to expect and  it discovers to find out if the expected
stuff is there, ignoring stuff it doesn't already understand. (Your
question "how to tell the client (switch) that it
should communicate with this particular service (the lamp)?" At the extreme
you could pre-provision everything and dispense with onboarding.

Iow with introspection you needn't "tell" the client what to deal with
ahead of time. At the cost of a lot more logic.

At least that's my understanding, heh.

I haven't worked much with otgc but it looks pretty helpful, esp. for
introspection.

Hth

Gregg