On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 08:42, Darren Reed wrote:
 
> Long ago (well almost 3 years now), I put some code into IPFilter
> 3.5alpha (became 4.0alpha) that does this:
> 
> > # Scan for anything that looks like HTTP and redirect it to the local
> > # proxy.  One catch - this feature (redirect) is not yet implemented.
...
> 
> With the above, there are no port numbers mentioned because the connection
> content scanning (I think limited to first 16 bytes or thereabouts) is done
> across _all_ TCP connections that go through IPFilter's state table.
> 
> This kind of thing could be used to block out kazaa - completely.
> 
> I think I ditched it because I didn't think it would be that useful.
> 
> Should I dust this off and let it back in ?

I'd like to experiment with it, for one. Controlling outbound traffic is
a big issue for us, and anything that could break mainstream P2P apps
would be useful.

Thanks,
Craig.

Reply via email to