I think yes- One bottle of patron.
--- "Theo Purmer (Tepucom)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hee 
> 
> i bid two beers :-)
> 
> 
> 
> ----------
> Van:  Darren Reed[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Verzonden:    Thursday, June 26, 2003 5:42 PM
> Aan:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Onderwerp:    content matching on tcp connections...
> 
> 
> Long ago (well almost 3 years now), I put some code
> into IPFilter
> 3.5alpha (became 4.0alpha) that does this:
> 
> > #
> > # * = match any character, . = exact match, ? =
> case insensitive
> > #
> > # Scan for anything that looks like HTTP and
> redirect it to the local
> > # proxy.  One catch - this feature (redirect) is
> not yet implemented.
> > #
> > http : ("GET ", "???." ) = redirect(127.0.0.1)
> > #
> > # Track ssh connections (i.e do nothing)
> > #
> > ssh : (), ("SSH-") = track
> > #
> > # Things which look like smtp to be tracked else
> closed.
> > # Client can start with EHLO (ESMTP) or HELO
> (SMTP).
> > #
> > smtp : ("HELO ", "**??."), ("220 ", "....") =
> track else close
> > #
> > # Evil napster
> > #
> > nap2 : ("*\0\2\0", "*...") = close
> > nap4 : ("*\0\4\0", "*...") = close
> > nap6 : ("*\0\6\0", "*...") = close
> > nap7 : ("*\0\7\0", "*...") = close
> 
> With the above, there are no port numbers mentioned
> because the connection
> content scanning (I think limited to first 16 bytes
> or thereabouts) is done
> across _all_ TCP connections that go through
> IPFilter's state table.
> 
> This kind of thing could be used to block out kazaa
> - completely.
> 
> I think I ditched it because I didn't think it would
> be that useful.
> 
> Should I dust this off and let it back in ?
> 
> Darren
> 


=====
SRR

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
http://sbc.yahoo.com

Reply via email to