Thus spake Damian Gerow ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [27/06/03 13:14]:
> Was the first way I was doing it.  I'm currently breaking it down to:
> 
>     block in log on rl0 from any to any head 10
>       block in log on rl0 from any to 192.168.1.1 group 10 head 100
>       block in log on rl0 from any to 192.168.1.2 group 10 head 101
>       <and others>
> 
>     block in log on rl1 from any to any head 20
>       block in log on rl1 from any to 192.168.1.1 group 20 head 100
>       block in log on rl1 from any to 192.168.1.2 group 20 head 101
>       <and others>
> 
>     pass in quick proto tcp from any to 192.168.1.1 port = 80 flags S keep state 
> keep frags group 100
>     pass in quick proto tcp from any to 192.168.1.2 port = 80 flags S keep state 
> keep frags group 101
>     pass in quick proto tcp from any to 192.168.1.2 port = 443 flags S keep state 
> keep frags group 101
>     pass in quick proto tcp from any to 192.168.1.2 port = 4333 flags S keep state 
> keep frags group 101

<snip>

> Or is there anything else that anyone can think of?  Or any reason why I
> shouldn't do what I'm doing above?

Well, I just answered one of my own questions:

    ## ipf -I -F a -f /etc/ipf.rules
    201:ioctl(add/insert rule): File exists
    210:ioctl(add/insert rule): File exists
    211:ioctl(add/insert rule): File exists
    # 

ipf doesn't like it when you start a group in two different places...  :(

So does anyone have any pointers/recommendations?  Use a different grouping
strategy?  Define all inbound packets on all other interfaces, then just use
a generic 'block in from any to any', and use it to group rl0 and rl1?

Reply via email to