Thus spake Thomas Quinot ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [27/06/03 13:30]:
> Does this work? ipfilter is not supposed to support multiple heads for
> the same group, AFAIK.

As I found out /moments/ after I sent this (and followed-up to the list), no
it doesn't.

When I composed the message, the ruleset wasn't in a form that it could be
tested.  I cleaned it up, and found out that this is indeed true.  My master
plan would fail.  :(

> >     block in log on {rl0,rl1} from any to any head 20
> >       <service-specific forwards here>
> 
> skip 2 in on rl0 from any to any
> skip 1 in on rl1 from any to any
> skip 1 in from any to any
> block in log from any to any head 20

Hmmmm....  It'll work in theory, but I have a large number of rules in
between the two things, and it seems a little fragile.  It's better than
specifying the allow rules twice, but means that any rule insertions between
the 'skip' rules and the 'head' rule will break the skips.  :(

Reply via email to