From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Liebig, Holger
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:09 AM
To: David A. Ranch; Ipmitool-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ipmitool-devel] Setting SNMP trap receivers

> Is there a way to set the IPMI trap receivers with ipmitool 1.8.9?
> There the field for the SNMP community but nothing else.
> This is specific to Supermicro machines where their IPMIView
> tool allows to set three receivers (and their MAC addresses).

For SNMP Alerting to work, you have to set up:
# Event Filter Table entry - with wildcard or sensor specific
# Alert Policy Table entries - one for each Trap destination,
referencing the Event filter  table entry (Policy number) as well as the
Lan destination(s) (Destination Selector).
# LAN destination Table entries (one for each Trap destination)

Also make sure, that
# Global PEF is enabled
# Channel Alerting for the LAN channel is enabled.

Some BMC's might help you in the process by providing a GUI to this
(quite complex)configuration.

Good luck,
Holger