________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Choi,
Paul
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:12 AM
To: ipmitool-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Ipmitool-devel] IPMI Unable to ping

Hi

I set IPMI up in RedHat 4 and now I am trying it in RedHat5 (with
different machines). I can set mac, ip, etc using ipmitool but I can't
access it from outside. It won't ping and if I do:

#ipmitool chassis power status -I lanplus -U ADMIN -P ADMIN -H
10.2.12.124

Error: Unable to establish IPMI v2 / RMCP+ session

Unable to get Chassis Power Status.

Here is my setting:

Set in Progress         : Set In Progress

Auth Type Support       : NONE MD2 MD5 PASSWORD

Auth Type Enable        : Callback :

                        : User     : MD5

                        : Operator : MD5

                        : Admin    : MD5

                        : OEM      : MD5

IP Address Source       : Static Address

IP Address              : 10.2.12.124

Subnet Mask             : 255.255.0.0

MAC Address             : ac:29:0a:02:0c:7c

SNMP Community String   : public

IP Header               : TTL=0x40 Flags=0x40 Precedence=0x00 TOS=0x10

BMC ARP Control         : ARP Responses Enabled, Gratuitous ARP Disabled

Gratituous ARP Intrvl   : 2.0 seconds

Default Gateway IP      : 0.0.0.0

Default Gateway MAC     : 00:00:00:00:00:00

Backup Gateway IP       : 0.0.0.0

Backup Gateway MAC      : 00:00:00:00:00:00

RMCP+ Cipher Suites     : 0,1,2,3,6,7,8,11,12

Cipher Suite Priv Max   : Xaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

                        :     X=Cipher Suite Unused

                        :     c=CALLBACK

                        :     u=USER

                        :     o=OPERATOR

                        :     a=ADMIN

                        :     O=OEM

This is the exact setting from my previous IPMI card. It has no problem
pinging (of course not from itself). I checked ip and mac address of the
NIC but they are different. I looked at BIOS, and it looks like my older
IPMI servers.

Am I missing something?

Oh here is HWs that I am using:

Supermicro H8DA3-2 with AOC-SIMLC

Supermicro H8DMU+ with AOC-SIMSO

Unfortunately, using old IPMI card on new board isn't an option (won't
fit).

Thx