On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Ales Ledvinka <aledv...@redhat.com> wrote:

>> I don't know how much I can help with the
>> fixing, but if I have
>> time I'll do what I can.
>
> You are welcome. Send me mail with the list of files you are going to touch.

I hope you two will find a better way than this. Like creating tickets
for these issues at SF.net and use ``Assigned'' attribute.

>> I'm curious as to how will you determine which issues to fix?
>
> Reasonable minimal fix. If further question remain then add some XXX comment.

Hmm. I feel like question was about apples and answer oranges.
Anyway, I wanted to say I've read: ``I'll hack in fixes'', but that's
not the word I'm looking for. Sadly, I can't find English equivalent
of word I'm looking for to ``reasonable minimal fix'', but let's say
I'm looking forward for those code reviews.

[...]
>> What do you mean when you say you are going to release the report to
>> the "public"
>> with "the patch"?
>
> Once the changes are public it's like releasing the report so I was
> thinking of attaching it to tracker item with patch to aid review.

Ales, can you please stop making secrets about something that's not
secret? ipmitool is open-source. Static analysis, I presume that's
what you, or Fedora, have used, tools are available to pretty much
everyone. Also, there are other security issues like over/underflow
via user input. So I doubt whatever "you" found is worse.
On the bright side, I'm glad somebody have found time and made an
effort to run ipmitool through analysis tool.

Z.