[Zdenek Styblik]
> Every commit into CVS sends an e-mail. I just hope the same thing
> won't happen with newly created git repository and 1.5k commits. Of
> course, such feature is wanted to be on after CVS is thrown away.
> But, anyway, it's just a personal preference. I can always filter
> those e-mails out and trash them ;)

Right.  I have not looked at commit email support yet, and planned to
look at that after the migration.  In other words, the initial import
should not generate any commit messages.

> 2] I think information about releases got somehow lost. I mean, eg.
>    1.8.13 got released from commit XYZ, 1.8.12 got released from commit
>    ABC etc.

I had a closer look at this, and am unable to understand what you are
missing.  This is the output from 'git tag', and I believe it contain
the tags pinpointing the releases:

IPMITOOL_1_4_1_1
IPMITOOL_1_5_4
IPMITOOL_1_5_6