Hello Zdenek,

> have you tested it with the latest version of ipmitool? I remember
> there were some fixes in this area.

ubuntu is using:

ipmitool version 1.8.15 and the source code zip I dled from sourceforge
states version 1.8.15 as well

now I checked the git repository (after finally I was able to check it
out, its not directly browseable/visible with http).

The changes made in between these two version (in the relevant file)
seems not to have anything to do with my problem, they are just few lines.

Nevertheless, I checked it with the repo version => same problem.

(just as reference, the output for the command)

String size are not equal, resizing fru to fit new string
Read All FRU area
Fru Size       : 512 bytes
Copy to new FRU
Section Length: 24
Padding Length: 1
NumByte Change: 7
Start SecChnge: c2
End SecChnge  : 44
Start Section : 1
End Sec wo Pad: c1
End Section   : c
New Padding Length: -6
change_size_by_8: 1
New Padding Length: 2
change_size_by_8: 1
header.offset.board: 1
Moving Section Product, from 32 to 40
Moving Remaining Bytes (Multi-Rec , etc..), from 64 to 72
Updating Field : 'AA' with 'Uni Mainz' ... (Length from '194' to '201')
Copying remaining of sections: 15
Calculate New Checksum: ffffff3b
Writing new FRU.
Done.