Hello all,

Based on the conversation on the IPSec list previously about supporting Split
DNS in IKEv2, Paul and I have written up a draft to add support for Split DNS
(as well as DNSSEC) to the configuration attributes for IKEv2.

We’d like to get feedback from the working group about the level of interest in
this topic, and if people would like to work on adopting it.

Thanks!
Tommy

===================

A new version of I-D, draft-pauly-ipsecme-split-dns-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tommy Pauly and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-pauly-ipsecme-split-dns
Revision:       00
Title:          Split-DNS Configuration for IKEv2
Document date:  2015-09-24
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          10
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pauly-ipsecme-split-dns/>
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pauly-ipsecme-split-dns-00
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pauly-ipsecme-split-dns-00>

Abstract:
  This document defines two new Configuration Payload Attribute Types
  for the IKEv2 protocol that together define a set of private DNS
  domains which should be resolved by DNS servers reachable through an
  IPsec connection, while leaving all other DNS resolution unchanged.
  This allows for split-DNS views for multiple domains and includes
  support for private DNSSEC trust anchors.  The information obtained
  via the new attribute types can be used to reconfigure a locally
  running DNS server with DNS forwarding for specific private domains.

until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org
<http://tools.ietf.org/>.

The IETF Secretariat