On Tue, 18 Oct 2016, Yoav Nir wrote:

It's a little more than conjecture.

1) It has been proven that malicious 1024 bit DH values can be generated
  by academia that cannot be independantly discovered. Therefore any
  nationstate with access to the same theory and more CPU power could
  have done this years ago.

Someone can trapdoor 1024-bit values, therefore someone else can trapdoor
2048-bit values.

2) We have the RFC 5114 values who'se original authors/sponsors are not
  disclosing how these were generated.

1) + 2) means we cannot know if these values were trapdoor’ed.

Yeah, we cannot know. That’s why it’s conjecture.

        conjecture: 1. an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of
incomplete information.

I have complete information for "one cannot detect trapdoors without knowing
seed"

Paul