Paul Wouters writes:
>   Received PPK_SUPPORT  Have PPK   PPK Mandatory    Action
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------
>       Yes                  No          *            Standard IKE protocol
>       Yes                 Yes          *            Include PPK_SUPPORT
>
> Basically, we are in the case where "Have PPK" is not yet known.

I think the discussion earlier was that we solve this by policy, where
responder is configured BEFORE initiator. I.e., if responder sees
initiator that says PPK is supported (meaning initiator has PPK) then
responder is safe to assume that it has also been configured PPK for
that ID. Anyways if this guess turns out to be wrong, it can then
fail the exchange later, and mark that peer as not having PPK when it
reconnects, i.e., add peer IP-address to temporary list saying that if
connection comes from this IP-address, and says it has supports PPK,
we do not have PPK for it, so fall back to standard IKE.

Anyways this kind of text needs to be added to the protocol draft.

I do not like to make this document any more complicated than what is
required, as I like to get this document out so it can be implemented,
even when we know there are some corner cases which require manual
configuration.