Hi Tero,

Here is proposed charter text for the "Mitigating privacy concerns" section:

IKEv2 is currently vulnerable to the two following privacy concerns:

1) It's not possible to run a server that obfuscates IKEv2/IPsec using TLS.
    Today thanks to RFC 8229 it is possible to run an IKEv2/IPsec server on TCP
port 443 with TLS.
    However if a government agent tries to send an SA_INIT over that it will
discover that this server runs IKEv2/IPsec, and may blacklist it.
    We should add a mechanism to IKEv2 that allows the server to only respond
to SA_INIT from known entities (e.g. that possess a shared secret).

2) The privacy of the initiator's identity in the presence of a man in the
middle attacker is not protected
    Today an attacker with full control of the network can receive the IDi/IDr
sent by the initiator in the first AUTH packet.
    We should add a mechanism to IKEv2 that allows the initiator to only send
IDi/IDr to known entities (e.g. that possess a shared secret).

Thanks,
David Schinazi