Hi Valery,

>> If there is a chance that this is a potential thread (and I fear
>> it'll be impossible to proof the opposite), my
>> feeling is that the document should say that IKE_INTERMEDIATE MUST
>> NOT be supported without the
>> support of at least one document defining the payload.
> That is implied. I can make this more explicit, by adding something
> like that:
>
> Successful exchange of INTERMEDIATE_EXCHANGE_SUPPORTED
> notification only confirms that both parties support INTERMEDIATE
> exchange. It is not enough condition to start doing INTERMEDIATE exchange.
> A separate documents that utilize this exchange MUST define the
> conditions in which peers would do INTERMEDIATE exchanges, the
> conditions for ending the sequence of these exchanges and start IKE_AUTH,
> and the payloads these exchanges should carry.
>
> Is it OK for you?
I was wondering about what happens when multiple documents utilize the
IKE_INTERMEDIATE exchange
at the same time.
Can two different documents utilize a single exchange of
IKE_INTERMEDIATE messages,
or must every document add an additional exchange of IKE_INTERMEDIATE
messages?

Currently the only "user" is the Hybrid PQKE draft which adds up to
seven INTERMEDIATE exchanges before the IKE_AUTH,
could i just define a draft that includes an additional payload in the
first INTERMEDIATE exchange (not knowing whether Hybrid KE is used or not)
or would i have to add an eighth INTERMEDIATE exchange?

I couldn't find any info on this in the current draft and i feel like
this is quite relevant for future users of the exchange.

Regards,
(another) Tobias