Dear intarea/int-dir,

I have a request for you about
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-iptfs/

While the draft name looks like it is about IPsec, it appears to me as an
“aggregation and fragmentation” tunneling mechanism [1], i.e., it uses the ESP
Next-header field (an IP protocol per section 2.6 of RFC 4303 == IPsec ESP) to
indicate a next protocol. While the original intent is to prevent traffic
analysis (based on packet size and rate of packets) by
padding/aggregating/fragmenting packets, it is also a tunnel. This smart
technique could be use above other protocols than ESP.

I have just deferred the IESG evaluation of this document to allow the int-dir
and intarea WG to review this document as it has most probably escaped your
filter during the IETF Last Call.

Thank you very much for your comments (please keep all lists in cc)

Regards

-éric

[1] vaguely related to draft-templin-intarea-parcels