Hi Tero,

few comments inline.

[a lot of text snipped]

> This document should simply say that TS_SECLABEL MUST NOT be used
> alone. This document must not try to do incompatible change to the
> base RFC7296 which would make conforming implemntations
> non-conforming.

Unfortunately, this won't work. It is not enough to add new TS type,
with security labels the semantics of TS types should be changed
so, that there are "primary" TS types and "additional" ones.

This is because in RFC 7296 individual Traffic Selectors in TS payload
are combined with OR. In other words, traffic matching
combination of any Traffic Selector in TSi and
any Traffic Selector in TSr is protected.

TS_SECLABEL cannot be treated with this semantics,
it must be treated with AND (as additional condition for
the traffic to match), which requires RFC 7296 update.

I agree with you that current document text doesn't take into considerations
the existence of other "primary" TS types, like TS_FC_ADDR_RANGE.

> So I do not think this document should update RFC7296 at all, so most
> of the section 3 is wrong.

The "proper" way would be to introduce new TS types
TS_IPV4_ADDR_RANGE_WITH_SECLABEL and TS_IPV6_ADDR_RANGE_WITH_SECLABEL.
I recall that it was already tried before, but I don't remember
why this way was abandoned.

Regards,
Valery.