On Tue, 31 Jan 2023, Valery Smyslov wrote:

The WG thought this would be a worse solution.

This could be solved by adding only two new TS types
TS_IPV4_ADDR_RANGE_WITH_CONSTRAINTS and TS_IPV6_ADDR_RANGE_WITH_CONSTRAINTS
with a format that allows to add new constraints to the Traffic Selector.

Cute, but we have received an early code point in Jan 2021. This has been
implemented and deployed in libreswan v4.2 released February 2021. So
I don't think we can or want to change this anymore.

We went through 3 redesigns before we ended up on this one. I'm fine
with clarifying text, but we can't redesign it again this late in the
publication process.

Paul