Hi,

We’ve submitted an updated revision of
draft-ponchon-ipsecme-anti-replay-subspaces to address the changes that were
discussed since IETF 115. The draft keeps the same structure with the following
major changes:

  *   We moved to a 16 bits subspace identifier field to accommodate a larger
number of sequence number of subspaces as the previous maximum of 256 was too
low for some use cases.
  *   Consequently, we’re now using an explicit 64 bits field in the ESP header
for the extended sequence number to hold the subspace id.
  *   We’ve completed the IKE negotiation section of the draft from the
recommendations by defining a new transform to use the subspaces.

We’d like to thank everyone who provided feedback so far and appreciate further
feedback on the updated draft.

Paul P.

internet-dra...@ietf.org <internet-dra...@ietf.org> writes:

A new version of I-D, draft-ponchon-ipsecme-anti-replay-subspaces-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Paul Ponchon and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ponchon-ipsecme-anti-replay-subspaces
Revision:       01
Title:          IPsec and IKE anti-replay sequence number subspaces for
traffic-engineered paths and multi-core processing
Document date:  2023-03-13
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          12
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ponchon-ipsecme-anti-replay-subspaces
Diff:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ponchon-ipsecme-anti-replay-subspaces-01

Abstract:
   This document discusses the challenges of running IPsec with anti-
   replay in multi-core environments where packets may be re-ordered
   (e.g., when sent over multiple IP paths, traffic-engineered paths
   and/or using different QoS classes).  A new solution based on
   splitting the anti-replay sequence number space into multiple
   different sequencing subspaces is proposed.  Since this solution
   requires support on both parties, an IKE extension is proposed in
   order to negotiate the use of the anti-replay sequence number
   subspaces.

The IETF Secretariat