On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 5:55 AM Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>
wrote:

> Benjamin Schwartz <i...@bemasc.net> wrote:
>     > In Transport Mode, the thought is mainly to _avoid_ traffic
>     > engineering, and instead be able to deploy RISAV with confidence that
>     > your existing TE will not be altered.
>
> I thought you replaced the destination address with that of the ASBR?

In Tunnel Mode (ESP), the source and destination addresses are replaced.
(By default, they are "contact IPs", i.e. ACS addresses, but ASBR addresses
can be substituted using IKEv2 Active Session Redirect.)  In Transport Mode
(AH), they are unmodified.

My understanding is that this is how ESP and AH are conventionally used.