As a co-author of draft-mglt-ipsecme-diet-esp, I do support this work (as well
as the accompanying draft-mglt-ipsecme-ikev2-diet-esp-extension) and plan to
continue working on it.

We did the equivalent of these two drafts for ROHC in RFC 5856 to 5858.
The current work is an obvious missing link for SCHC that needs to be filled
in, just as we did for ROHC in 2010.

Grüße, Carsten