Folks:

We are the co-authors of an Internet-Draft of some design choices people need
to make when designing IPv6 and dual-stack networks
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-design-choices).

We are looking for information on the IGP combinations people are running in
their dual-stack networks. We are gathering this information so we can document
in our draft which IGP choices are known to work well (i.e., people actually
run this combination in production networks without issues). The draft will not
name names, but just discuss things in aggregate: for example, "there are 3
large and 2 small production networks that run OSPF for IPv4 and IS-IS for
IPv6, thus that combination is judged to work well".

If you have a production dual-stack network, then we would like to know which
IGP you use to route IPv4 and which you use to route IPv6.  We would also like
to know roughly how many routers are running this combination. Feel free to
share any successes or concerns with the combination as well.

We are looking particularly at combinations of the following IGPs:  IS-IS,
OSPFv2, OSPFv3, EIGRP.
If you run something else (RIP?) then we would also like to hear about this,
though we will likely document these differently. [We suspect you run RIP/RIPng
only at the edge for special situations, but feel free to correct us].

And if you have one of those modern networks that carries dual-stack customer
traffic in a L3VPN or similar and thus don’t need a dual-stacked core, then
please email us and brag ...

Philip Matthews
Victor Kuarsingh