At 09:37 PM 4/11/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Charles A Taylor wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> > You n' me's gotta have a little chat right out in front of everyone.
> >
> > Last time I went looking at your site, I saw that your sign-off time
> > for April was 7:00 PM.
> >
> > Yeah, sez I. So tune in the R8B at 1900 on 1590.
> >
> > Sunthin' ain't right, sez I. Ain't sunset yet, and WHPY-1590 Clayton/
> > Raleigh (another daytimer) is still on the air.
> >
> > I suspect your sign-off time is really 1930.
> >
> > Please advise.
>
>The FCC says "official" sunset time at WABV is 7:00 PM EST, 8:00 PM EDT,
>for whatever that's worth...

Scott,

Thank you for squaring me away on what out to be obvious: The time stated
on the license is EDT, so Paul signs off at 2000 EDT.

I lived in Indianapolis for 18 years of my ill-spent youth, and Indiana-
polis stays on CDT year round. So I was used to staying on one time year
round.

Then 6 years Navy military and often operating in UTC. 3 years in the
Philippines as a civilian. RP doesn't do daylight savings time. Station
licenses which state a reduction in power at sunset don't vary monthly.

So, if I weren't reminded of the two time changes yearly, I'd probably be
out of synch with everyone for a week twice yearly.

73

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
Greenville, North Carolina