From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Walter Salmaniw
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 2:50 PM
To: IRCA@hard-core-dx.com
Subject: [IRCA] Recording equipment question

I was lamenting earlier on how I missed capturing the NZ station on 1386.
Here's a question:  When I used the Minidisc system, my recorder had a 10
second cache that I loved.  No more missed IDs, but I'm unaware of any mp3
products that do the same.  Am I blissfully unaware, or am I correct in
assuming that mp3 recorders....either external or software driven don't have
this excellent DX resource.  I simply hate the thought of having the
recorder running continuously as I'm messy enough with the audio clips I
have right now!  Going through a mornings recording with me flipping
frequencies every few seconds would be a nightmare.
Comments?...........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria