KKMO DX Test Final Report

     Perhaps Barry McLarnon in Ottawa summed it up best in an e-mail: "I
think we easterners got done in by mediocre conditions, not to mention the
zillions of other stations on 1360."  Still, quite a few folks on the west
coast and as far east as the Rockies heard the test quite well. Here's the
roll call of lucky listeners who put KKMO in their logs:

Frank Aden - Boise, ID
Bruce Bacon - Boise County, ID
Martin Foltz - Mission Viejo, CA
Mike Hawkins - Campbell, CA
Wayne Heinen - Aurora, CO
Patrick Martin - Seaside, OR
Nick Hall-Patch - Victoria, BC, Canada
Art Peterson - Richmond, CA
Nigel Pimblett - Lamont, AB, Canada
Bruce Portzer - Seattle, WA
Steve Ratzlaff - NE Oregon
Dan Riordan - Sherwood, OR
Walt Salmaniw - Victoria, BC, Canada
Dennis Vroom - Salmon Creek, WA (on a trusty SRF-59)

Special congratulations to Bjarne Mjelde in Berlevag, Norway, on hearing the
test. Although a relog for him, I was delighted to see this international
participation from outside North America in our test efforts. Thanks Bjarne.

     Thanks also to all the "east of the Rockies" bunch who tried their best
to hear the test, including Willis Monk-TN, Steve Francis-TN, Curtis
Sadowski-IL, Doug Smith-TN, Paul LaFreniere-MN, Bill Dvorak-WI, Saul
Chernos-ON, Bruce Winkelman-OK, Marc DeLorenzo-MA, J.D. Stephens in AL and
yours truly also in TN.

     And although Barry McLarnon didn't manage to log KKMO, he says he did
catch another "KK" station - namely KKBJ in Bemidji, MN - a new one for him.

     Remember to keep checking the DXTESTS.INFO Web site frequently and
listen to the BTC Podcasts for news and late-breaking developments.

Jim Pogue
IRCA/NRC Joint Broadcast Test Committee Coordinator
Memphis, TN