Dennis,

Of course I remember KWUN! When I dxed from Sacramento 1965-1969 this was one of my two closest unheards, the other being KVRE-1460 Santa Rosa. I had KXOA on 1470 but they had some off time those days but never did I hear KWUN. Driving to S.F. from Sacto I would have the dial on 1480 and finally when I was about due north of Concord their signal would start to be audible. Of course the further west I drove the better the signal. I would drive State 37 from Vallejo to Novato and rarely pick up traces of KVRE. Once I moved to San Francisco in 1975 I could hear KWUN easily as they directed their 500 watts right at me. KVRE was much harder but on cold (for us) winter afternoons I could get a readable signal. That was from 26 & Balboa. Where I am now on 35th avenue I can get KRRS (x-KVRE) almost any day at sunset with their SS programming. Just as hard in a reverse direction is KJAY-1430 Sacramento. One mid afternoon in 1976 or 1977 I had them coming in along with Fresno & Santa Clara but haven't been able to hear them since even on their DX test a few years ago.

Don

vroom...@comcast.net wrote:
Good Evening,

Below is a link to a copy of a fcc letter to radio station
KABN 1480 Concord, CA.  Formerly KWUN 1480.

I lived about 25 miles from the station and first logged
KWUN on 07-09-68.
Any of you Dxers remember the above station or QSL it?

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA

http://www.bayarearadio.org/stn_documents/kwun-kabn_fcc-deleted_2005.shtml