Hi Derek,

Thanks for your comments.

My main antenna at Grayland for the July 12th trip was an 8' (diagonal)
tuned passive loop on a collapsible PVC frame, which was one of the
experimental  creations here this spring. It is one of several variants of the
standard  PVC Loop, for which a general article is being wrapped up. Besides
this
collapsible frame variant (designed for travel in a compact car), there have
 been 18" and 2' tabletop PVC Loop variants, 3', 4' and 5' indoor models, a
7'  longwave model, 6', 7', 8' and 9' (side) monster MW models, and
waterproofing  designs.

John Bryant has advised me to finish up the basic PVC Loop article as a
priority project, and deal with the different variant articles later. The
performance of the 8' PVC Loop at Grayland was a real thrill, and it has
certainly earned itself a spot in my future DXpeditions. With a total cost  of
only about $65 in parts, it provides a tremendous amount of gain for the $$.
John and I talked about running an A/B test with his Wellbrook Array against
the  8' PVC Loop, but we were kind of rushed for time, and never got around
to  it during this trip.

Besides "Sharina the Psychic" on 4BC-1116, there were also strong MP3's
made of Tahiti-738, 4RN-792, 2YA-567, and KPUA-670 (in Hilo Hawaii) using this
 8' PVC Loop, some of which I plan to upload to the Ultralightdx Yahoo file
site  ( or are available to anyone interested).

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

   In a message dated 7/15/2009 2:43:44 P.M. Pacific  Daylight Time,